Monday, June 27, 2011

The Little Things


(Kool-Aid Popsicles: We had them everyday during our pool breaks)

Summer has officially arrived!! And though its a time for pool parties and cookouts, I find that now I'm that an adult, I have little time to enjoy those things I love most about summer. But on this Monday (and lately actually) I reminisce back to being twelve and summer was filled with those wonderful little things that made up my childhood. Here's a glimpse into the past for a special little things. 


(Disney: During the late afternoon when the Florida rain would push us inside, my sisters and I would curl up with wet hair and sun-kissed cheeks to watch a movie. We'd watch the same one over and over again memorizing each word so we could play it out. Disney's Aristocrats was a favorite one summer)


(Duckings: Our house back when I was twelve sat on a small pond and we had ducks! Every summer we'd add duckings to our pond and watch them grow. They were our adorable little pets. We didn't keep them in teacups but I couldn't resist this picture from here.


(Watermelon: This summer staple is still part of my summers, even now. But back then my mom would cut it up and sprinkle it with salt. I don't care to eat it that way anymore, but it was a nice cool treat from the Florida heat.

What are you're favorite summer memories?

1 comment:

  1. Ah I used to love those kool aid popsicles! I steal some from my nephew now whenever I'm home. xoxo Marissa

    http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...